Wednesday 31 July 2013

Review: Bare Minerals - Original SPF 15 Foundation in Fairly Light

Let me start off by saying that I have always been one of those "I don't wear foundation" kind of girls - I just used concealer, powder and all the rest so I'm really no expert!

The only reason I started wearing foundation was because I decided I wanted a little more coverage in my old age... This began my hunt for a light, buildable foundation that wasn't liquid (I just do not like the feel of liquid foundation). So I turned to powder foundations - Benefit's Hello Flawless, Mac Studio Fix etc. but after doing some research I felt BareMinerals was the one for me.

I was debating between the original one or the matte one as I am usually one to go for matte products, however, I read a lot that the matte one didn't live up to the same standards as the original and the original gave you a glowy/dewy look which looked really flattering!


So here it is, the popular bareMinerals SPF foundation and the shade I was matched to is Fairly Light N10.



BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation in Fairly Light and Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

It's a powder, mineral foundation which means it's easily buildable and good for your skin! Not only is it really easy to use, you just buff it in with a brush until you're happy with how it looks, it gives such an amazing finish and I've found that the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush works best for buffing it in.

My skin has a bit of everything in the sense that it's normal, dry and oily and the foundation works perfectly on all areas, it gives me a completely flawless look, not powdery or cakey, and my skin really does look glowy.

One of the main reasons I've always steered clear of foundation is because I hated seeing girls caked in make up with orange skin and distinctive tide lines all round their chins or necks but as this blends so easily and looks super natural, I don't have to worry about any of that. I really would consider this my Holy Grail product! Once it runs out I don't think I'd see the point in trying any others because this just works so perfectly for me.

If you're thinking of purchasing this product then obviously I recommend it but I would say that you shouldn't try guessing your colour based on your shade in other foundations as bareMinerals often comes up lighter, so definitely go into a store and get colour matched.

A good way to save a bit of money is to what I did where I went to get matched in store and then bought mine off feelunique as it was at least £5 cheaper!

Let us know in the comments if you've tried this and your thoughts or if you have any other products you'd like us to review!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just discovered your blog and I really like it. This review is great! Might try it out :) xx
    Followed :)

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog<3

    rosymayschofield.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete