Thursday 1 August 2013

Review: Caudalíe Beauty Elixir vs Caudalíe Grape Water

I heard a lot about both of these products but finally decided to pick them up whilst I was at City Pharma in Paris as they were so much cheaper than I would find them in England. I also thought they'd be perfect for refreshing my face considering the weather at the moment is so boiling hot.

The Beauty Elixir contains orange blossom, grape, rosemary, rose and organic balm mint which all claim to help tighten pores, smooth skin and give you radiance. First off it smells so nice, really luxurious and you can definitely smell the mint which is great for refreshing, that and the frosted glass bottle makes it feel like such a treat to use. However I do think it might not be to everyone's taste so have a little sniff first if you're considering buying it. You're supposed to it either after moisturizer, after foundation but before powder to really set your make up or just to refresh yourself during the day (or all three) and it comes out in a very fine mist so you don't have to worry about waiting for it to dry. When I do use this I use it before make up or if I'm having a no make up day to give me a bit more radiance and make me look a little less scary!
I can't say if it's had any drastic effect on my skin as I'm quite lucky and don't get many spots but the thing I am always searching for is a product to give me radiance as I feel my skin can get quite dull and this definitely does the trick!


Caudlie Beauty Elixir
Their Grape Water or Eau de Raisin if you want to make it sound more fancy is supposed to refresh, tone and moisturize your skin during the day or after cleansing. I really enjoy this product because it doesn't have a particular smell to it (or at least not one that I've detected) and it also comes out in a fine mist so if you're looking for something similar to Beauty Elixir but without the smell this might be for you, and although the Grape Water doesn't have as many beneficial factors, it's still a nice product and is also quite a bit more affordable. I tend to use the Beauty Elixir when my skin is looking a little worse for wear and the Grape Water as a more everyday product as I can definitely see myself getting carried away with the Elixir and can't afford to repurchase it all the time. 

Caudalie Grape Water
I'm really pleased with both of these products so if you can afford both and want to try both then I'd suggest you do! However if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Beauty Elixir, although it's not as beneficial, the Grape Water may be the right choice.

What are your thoughts? Have either of them worked for you? We'd love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment