Friday 14 November 2014

Halloween 2014: The Skeleton!

This year I had been looking at pictures of people dressed as skeletons, and thought some of the makeup was amazing. I decided I would like to try and give it a go and base it around the makeup used in Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' music video.

My Finished Skeleton Makeup

A Guide To Show The Key Features

I found this picture to use as a guide, when drawing on the main parts of the makeup. I used just a black liquid eyeliner to outline the shapes, then a black eyeshadow with my Sephora brush to fill in each part. After this I used my small angled brush to go into more detail and add shading to create the Skeleton/bone feel to it.

A Different Angle


The Finished Look

This was one of my favourite Halloween looks that I've done and it was really fun to do and very cheap. I wore a black strappy jumpsuit from Missguided, but you could wear a skeleton costume or dress etc. There are lots of tutorials that show the general idea of how to achieve the makeup, but most are quick versions so I would pause them as you go and take time to perfect each part as its worth the time.You'll get some funny looks out on Halloween and hopefully lots of compliments!


No comments:

Post a Comment