Monday 7 November 2016

Two Years Later...


So...
It's been two years.

A lot has happened over the past two years, I am back from New Zealand, Immy has a new job, we both have new boyfriends. The list is long so I thought I'd jump straight back into it with some photos of the past two years then we can kick off with getting back to our regular rambling...

Halloween has just been, along with my 25th Birthday and I thought that I would take the chance to start over, looking forward to my next 25 years rather than backwards. So this post is going to be quite short, just to show what can happen in two years, and then plans for what's I'm planning soon.


Halloween: This year I decided to go as the Joker (Heath Ledger style), I used the usual liquid latex affect I go for to 'cut' my face and then just painted this with white, black and red paint. For once, no fake blood was uses whatsoever which made a nice change from my hair being constantly stuck to my face or neck. For my hair I poured on some Gel and slicked this back with a comb whilst trying to make it look effortless and messy then I sprayed this with green hair colour spray. The spray was ultra-violet hair spray which actually worked better than expected. I found out that UV hair paint doesn't actually come out illuminous, but instead the 'UV' part of it just makes it still visible when you're I the dark.

The Joker

The year before I dressed up as Mystique from X-Men, I painted myself blue down to my neck for this- the rest was a blue morphsuit. For my face (which didn't take as long as I thought) I used special FX wax. Yes, I made individual triangles to attach to my face with liquid latex, these were then painted blue and then I painted details onto this with black/white paint and a fine brush. Hair colour spray to make the hair orange.


25th Birthday: This year was a quiet one, dinner at Prezzo with the family. I have some pictures below to show how different I look after 2 years (especially 2 years of working in sales). The main takeaway from this birthday is that I want to make some changes - Kind of like a bucket list/aims for each year at a time. Below I have listed what I would like to get started on before New Years Eve.
The first point on the list was to get back to blogging, hence the random post outta nowhere WOOO.
Turning 25

  • Start blogging.
  • Take up a new hobby (I start Taekwondo tonight)
  • Go to the gym every weekday
  • Qualify in dance for Blackpool nationals (Qualified last week)
  • Start learning Italian.
  • Start aerial training or pole dancing. (This is meant to be really good for fitness, I do not want to become a stripper, I'm sure its a lovely profession, just not for me at this time. Who knows, maybe I was made for it - We will soon find out...)

The other stuff:
I don't have a car currently, any recommendations that don't involve a car wheel potentially coming off are welcome. I work in Sales, I'm not going to say which company but I'm an account manager and its hectic but very rewarding. My new boyfriends name is Nick, he has been my best friend for 4 years which developed into something more earlier this year. It's true that when you stop searching you find what you're looking for right in front of your eyes. I qualified for Latin and Ballroom qualifiers last year, its always been an aim for me to get to Blackpool so I was very very happy with that, last week I qualified again for this year. Which means off to Blackpool in April. I'm godmother to a beautiful little girl named Lily, she is my childhood best friends Daughter and that territory is all new to me but I'm enjoying it. My other close girlfriend revealed her pregnancy last week so all very exciting and lots of growing up to do.

Apart from me, I am Peter Pan.

Blackpool 2015 Latin


Blackpool 2015 Ballroom


The Lovely Lily


So plans moving forward, I'm currently writing a post including the places I've been over the past 2 years and some recommendations. Regular posts will be on the way with Christmas ideas and presents. Lots of shopping to do. Immy will be joining you soon YAY we are back.

No comments:

Post a Comment