Saturday 1 March 2014

2013 and Starting 2014

So the end of 2013 turned out to be extremely rubbish for me, with the loss of someone very special and since then it's been all been a bit of a blur.  I thought I would start by writing about the things I've been up to as it's been like 20 years since we last posted.

Christmas was different but I had a lovely day with my family, and also got some nice new clothes which I have been loving! Most of all my coat from Zara which I think was around £90.00 but I'm not 100% sure, it's a lovely over-sized coat that is a camel/brown colour with a navy collar and I just wear it with everything, probably everyday... definitely obsessed with it. I like to wear it with a tartan top I bought from Topshop as the reds in the top go really well with it and there 'leigh' dark blue jeans.


I also got a really pretty pink and cream, patterned dress which was from Primark, but as it was a gift I'm not entirely sure on price, it goes well with big cardigans and I think it's a really flattering shape and length. I also grabbed a nice Aztec cardigan from Primark, which I LURVE. It clips at the top so I think it looks really nice on as it doesn't do up completely so shows everything else you're wearing too.

Christmas Day


I always think Urban Outfitters have some amazing clothes but I don't really look at the shoes much which evidently I should, as I went in to use a gift voucher and ended up buying some heeled boots. Annnnnnd they are my favourite shoes ever. I would say they are casual wear not really for formal occasions, they are black lace up boots with the website describing them as '90s-inspired chunky high heels with a deep tread'. I would say they kind of resemble army boots, but I just love them and never want to take them off. They are chunky but not too chunky or high.
This is the link to the site, because everyone just needs some Urban Outfitter footwear in their lives.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/uk/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=5319432524306&parentid=WOMENS-SHOES-EU

Moving onto New Years, normally something weird or bad happens on New Years for me, but this year I actually had a really great time! I went to a fancy dress party and the theme was 'what you wanted to be when you grew up'. Well, I wanted to be Ariel from 'The Little Mermaid' sooooo I went as Ariel haha. Everything I wore was just from ebay because I didn't fancy spending too much and all together only cost about £10.00.
I'm still angry about this and I probably shouldn't be, but I ordered my red wig weeks before EXPRESS delivery, and it just didn't show until two days after NYE, which made it useless. Instead I had to spray my hair red, which isn't really a good idea when you are wearing a strapless top because it made my chest and neck look bright red. Nice. But I actually think the outfit came together well for a cheap costume. Rather than wearing a purple shell bra (awkward) I used a pink Sequin crop top, and for the Mermaid fin/tail I just used an extra long green pencil skirt.

New Years Eve Fancy Dress - Ariel The Little Mermaid

For an added accessory I made a starfish necklace, from paper mache and ribbon, which I then painted with Wilkinson's tester paint pots.
The starfish was definitely my favourite part.




No comments:

Post a Comment