Saturday 1 March 2014

Current Favourites


EOS Honeysuckle Honeydew Lip Balm:
I'd been wanting to purchase one of these Lip balms for a while so when I saw them in New York for $3.00 I just had to try one. They were in all the pharmacies and there was a wide range of colours, flavours and scents to choose from. I decided on Honeysuckle Honeydew, this being the Lip Balm in the Green case and I have just been loving it. It really hydrates my lips and sinks into them nicely, I love the scent and flavour so I'm really glad I decided on the Honeysuckle Balm. I also think the shape of the case is very cute, plus it fits nicely into my normal handbag and my mini satchel too.

Zara Leggings
There was no way I couldn't include these in my favourites, I think I wear them as often as is considered acceptable (i.e. every day bar a few so that people didn't think they were the only bit of clothing I owned). Usually I hate leggings, mostly because a lot of girls nowadays seem to wear basically see-through ones and not much else and I just don't think it's a good look, but these are really thick and tight fitting. They have a wide, stretchy waist band and panels down the side of each leg to make them a little different.

Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base (Bronze Universal):
I have re-purchased this about 3 times since first buying it, and it is one of my favourite ever products, I don't use it as a make up base but instead as a creamy Bronzer which it is perfect for. I've been loving this particularly this month because after cutting down on the fake tan for autumn and winter it just adds a slightly bronzed look so I don't look completely flushed out! You can make this really subtle just so that it gives you a little colour, it is applied so easily and blends into your foundation really well. 


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Obviously everyone knows the obsession with the new lip crayon-balm-stain-glosses and this one is my favourite, called Darling Cherie. It's a gorgeous purple, which sounds a little unusual in a way but it looks incredible on. On top of that it isn't sticky or greasy and smells of mint which I personally love!

Liz Earle Signature Lip stick - Tea Rose:
I have been loving this lipstick! Its a really pretty colour that I think is great for going into spring, it's sort of a dark pink shade, similar to 'beehive' by Topshop. Its so moisturising and I don't find myself having to re-apply it that often which makes a nice change. I received this lipstick as a gift and the packaging was really cute, with the lipstick being inside a pretty purple star, so that just added to my excitement! Overall I really want to re-purchase this as I love how glossy it leaves your lips and I think the colour is great as a more neutral/pink shade to make a nice change from all the dark reds and plums I had been wearing for autumn and winter.


H&M Tartan Scarf:
I had been looking for a tartan scarf for a while, and I tried all the usual shops and couldn't find anything close enough to what I had pictured. I did find one in Urban Outfitters that I quite liked but it had more cream in it than red so I didn't really like it as much. But, H&M had exactly what I had in mind a lovely red tartan pattern with some pretty blues and burgundy colours in there. It is a perfect length as you can just wear it around the shoulders without it being too long, but you can also wrap it around your neck if you wanted to. The material is so cosy and warm whichever way you wear it, making it perfect for winter and it goes with almost anything, Tartan is very popular at the moment so I'm glad I managed to find what I was looking for and I'm sure I will be wearing it crazy amounts in December aswell.



Topshop Lipstick - Hazard:
I love this colour and I've been wearing it pretty much every day since I bought it, I have a thing for Topshop lipsticks anyway I find them very moisturising and I think the colours come out really great. They have such a wide range that it took me a while to decide on 'hazard' but I am so glad that I picked it up! Its a lovely deep red that has been going great with my new scarf and hat, some of the really dark shades I feel less confident wearing as I feel a bit washed out but this colour is not too dark but has a warm feel to it. It also goes nicely with some of my new spring outfits as it isn't to dark or too much.


Topshop Bowler Hat:
Hats, I just love hats and this is my most recent hat purchase! I was really annoyed at myself as after finishing my 2nd year at uni last summer, I misplaced my bowler hat and have been searching ever since. I decided I just needed to buy another and after running around each store trying them all out I decided on one from Topshop! It was £25.00 and i think it makes a perfect accessory to any outfit, especially with it being black which can go with anything. I've been wearing it with dungarees, dresses, my cardigan (obviously) etc. I found that some of the other hates wear slightly too big for what i was looking for or I wasn't completely happy with how they sat, but this one is slightly square and It just makes me happy when I wear it, because I'm a hat freak. Everybody should go and purchase some kind of hat for the new season, hats hats hats.


Makeup Forever Smoky Lash Mascara:
I mentioned this mascara in my November shopping haul, and I've been wearing it everyday. It adds both length and volume, is very easy to build on and I love the finished look. I find you really don't need to apply much for it to make an amazing difference to your lashes, plus I haven't experienced any lashes clumping together at all which has been a problem I find with other mascaras. This is definitely my favourite mascara ever, I will be re-purchasing it as soon as it runs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment