Friday 6 September 2013

Collective Review: Yves Saint Laurent Makeup Range

I was always very jealous of those people who manage to find the foundation that's perfect for them, very jealous. I also envied the dewy, light coverage that some people manage to pull off because my face just used to look oily or just sweaty, very attractive I'm sure. I've tried Mac, had a stab at Maybelline, Rimmel, more Mac. But I have indeed found the one. 

Yves Saint Laurent - Le Teint Touche Éclat Illuminating Foundation. What a beautiful creation. I adore this product, it provides me with medium coverage, but feels so light, and it claims to target shadowy areas and highlight the contours of the face, which it does. When I wear this foundation my face doesn't appear overly dewy but has this illuminated affect.  I use my Mac 187 brush to apply this foundation and it basically just glides on, it's very easy to get the coverage you want. I usually use my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder afterwards to make sure it stays in place and I get hours and hours of wear from it. The packaging looks amazing, lots of gold and kept in a glass bottle, makes me feel very posh. Plus, the glass means that you can monitor how much you have left very easily, so you don't have to panic realising the next day you might not have a face to put on.

This foundation does well to conceal imperfections as well as providing an even complexion. It smells amazing, and I think it is perfect for summer and for those with combination/oily skin that are a little bit scared to try a more dewy look. The foundation might not work for everyone but it is definitely worth trying, and I would recommend it to anyone. I purchased the product from House of Fraser for £29.00, and I would advise going into a store to have your shade matched, because the price stung a tad, especially after I got way too excited and bought the Concealer aswell. 100% worth it, amazing, and at least if I don't get married one day, I'll know I found this foundation. 



Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Touche Éclat Radiant Touch Concealer. I'd heard big things about this concealer after it was previously voted the UK number 1 luxury beauty product, and it did not let me down. It's a little pricey so I made sure I had my colour matched in a House Of Fraser store before I purchased it. The shade I ended up with was 1, no surprise here as I may be in the top 10 palest people alive, and I love this product as much as my YSL Foundation. 

This concealer is amazing at hiding dark circles beneath the eyes, while also brightening the areas of your face. It leaves you glowing, and the product is extremely easy to blend and build for a low-medium coverage. Very easy to apply, the first time you use it you may need to click the dispense button a few times, but for regular use you only need to once. It is packaged in a slick gold tube, that has a brush at the end for blending and this is where the product is released. This concealer has Light-reflecting pigments that will make your eyes and entire face appear brighter, however it doesn't give much coverage for blemishes, I was told by the staff member that there is a separate YSL concealer stick for this specific role. 

YSL Illuminating Foundation & Concealer

Overall I love this concealer and  the unique glow that this product gives your face, plus the highlighter effect it has. It was worth the money for me as I was on the search for a product that would hide dark circles and that had a light reflecting effect, but it may not be so great for those looking for a concealer to solely cover blemishes. I also try not to use the concealer on a day-to-day basis because I don't think I can deal with it running out on me, I'm not ready to lose my secret brightening wand.


YSL Babydoll Mascara
The YSL Babydoll Mascara... not going to lie, the main reason I wanted to buy this instead of the Shocking mascara was because I love Cara Delevingne (who doesn't) and I really loved the advert, being a sucker for advertising and anything pretty! Before I had the Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes mascara that my boyfriend bought me for Christmas, which I LOVED and so I knew I wanted another designer mascara, not for the name but because they really are so much better than the highstreet/drugstore ones in my opinion. 
And...I'm absolutely in love with it! The brush is small and thin with evenly spaced plastic teeth that really grab every lash and give them an even coating. I really hate mascaras that have a tonne of product on the brush so that you either, apply it and end up with about four thick triangular eyelashes or you spend an hour scraping the brush round the edge of the tube to get it all off, so I'm pleased to say that you get the perfect amount of product right away with the Babydoll! No lumps, no horrible globby bits just really long, black lashes. I would say that it adds more length than volume but I tend to apply a second coat to get my desired effect which I don't have a problem with!
Overall, love it, will definitely repurchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment