Sunday 20 October 2013

Back to Dip-Dyed Hair!


I tend to be very indecisive with my hair, and I do change it quite frequently. I like seem to get a bit bored and want a complete change, but there seems to be a pattern emerging around Autumn time when I start to crave the darker shades. Now I really don't like my hair too dark, but I wanted something quite close to my natural colour this time, after having Ombre (Dip Dyed) twice before, it was dip dye that won my vote yet again!

This time however, I decided darker shade wouldn't be as dark as the previous times I've done it, and overall I really love it at the moment. I enjoyed my blonde summer hair, but caring for 'all over' bleached hair and having the roots re-highlighted regularly tends to be quite a mission and can get quite expensive. Everyone knows that roots are a massive pain in the backside.



I like to wear hair extensions quite regularly to add volume and length to my hair so matching all the colours and using the Bleach kit took quite a while all together. I decided that I would dye all my natural hair the brown shade I had chosen, this being Garnier Olia 6.0 Light Brown, and then find new extensions that were already dip-dyed to the colours I wanted. I chose extensions already dip-dyed as you can't really lighten the colour of Human hair extensions as it tends to go wrong, you're supposed to stick to only dying them darker.

After matching my newly brown natural hair to the brown on the dip-dyed extensions, I just had to slightly lighten the ends of my natural hair, so that all the hair went into blonde at the same point. To do this I used the Jerome Russell B Blonde Hair Lightener Kit, and scrunched the mixture into the ends, leaving it for 30 minutes.

Overall this was very long-winded, I know. But I am really pleased with the finished look! It is much warmer and compliments my ultra dark brown eyes, so they look slightly more brown rather than black. I also feel more confident without any fake tan as I don't seem to look as washed out, I think that the slightly paler skin adds to the look.

New Dip-Dyed Hair


Happy to be waving goodbye to hours of highlighting!

Amy x


Products used:
Garnier Olia 6.0 Light Brown - Boots £6.00
Jerome Russell B Blonde Hair Lightener kit - Boots £5.99

Some Websites Selling Dip Dye Hair Extensions:

http://www.buyhair.co.uk/dip-dyed-hair-lp-282.html
http://www.hothair.co.uk/16-Clip-in-Ombre-Extensions.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=dip+dye+hair+extensions




No comments:

Post a Comment