Saturday 16 November 2013

Pay Day Spending!

So I recently got a new job after a fair bit of time spent desperately hunting and it is so nice to have my own money, a regular income again. Naturally, with my first pay check I had to do some shopping and dragged my surprisingly willing boyfriend to Basingstoke to treat myself...quite a bit. I don't think I'm the most normal girl in the sense that I find it quite hard to spend money. It's not that there's nothing I want to buy, because there's plenty as I'm sure you've noticed, but that I'm very conscious of the fact that I could easily end up being broke pretty quickly! You never know when you might urgently need some cash, be it an amazing pair of shoes or a dentist trip or something, it's the reason I really think twice before every purchase...does that make me boring? Haha. 
Anyway, Basingstoke, I honestly felt so excited I was practically shoving my money in the cashiers faces :). 
First stop, The Body Shop, somewhere I could so easily spend hundreds of pounds but I refrained and just bought this yummy grapefruit shower gel at £4, but I only had to pay £1 due to my little joy card (or something like that), that you get free in GLAMOUR this month and has either £3, £15 or £100 on it, yay! Free money, sort of. 

Pink Grapefruity goodness


Then Lush, where I always want to spend a ton of money but hold myself back and just but a couple of things! My purchases this time being an "Avobath", lemony fresh smelling and an "Ickle Baby Bot" for my boyfriends son as he loves watching them fizz away in his baths and thinks they smell of sweets, aww.

Coolest Packaging!

 Avobath. Baby Bot couldn't wait to be used it seems!


In Zara I bought this amazing, super snuggly, mustard coloured scarf for only £10 and also a cheeky little roller ball perfume in "11 Corso Vittorio Emanuele Milano" which smells so lovely but only cost me £3.99... It's definitely in my top 3 favourite perfumes, the others being Chloe and MAC's Turquatic. I'm no good at describing scents, the best I can do for this one is floral, fruity and a tiny bit sweet. The website describes it as the top note being apple, middle notes being peony, Brazilian orange and violet, and the base note being sandalwood.

Hard to picture a scarf, but it's the colour I wanted to capture!

11 Corso Vittorio Emanuele Milano


Tesco I spotted a new dry shampoo and, being a big fan of the stuff, decided to try it out. I've never found one that matches the quality of Batiste whilst also sticking to the drugstore prices until this little beauty! It's paraben, silicone (v. important for me with fine hair) and colorant free, smells amazing and best of allllll it doesn't leave a rubbish white residue and gives a lot of volume! Honesty, I love, love, love it.

Timotei Dry Shampoo


Last stop was Superdrug where I bought:
a Barry M nail polish in the gorgeous deep burgundy/red that looks just a couple shades away from black, perfect for autumn. It's called Red Black, inventive
a Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold - soft pink with silver and golden shimmer 
a Sleek blush in Pomegranate - a deep pinky red...which, after a couple of uses, I've realised is not right for my skin tone (pale haha) so I think I'll have to give that one away, boo :(
MaxFactor Masterpiece Max High Volume mascara which is my all time fave "drugstore" one!

Barry M Red Black Nail Varnish
 Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold
 Sleek blush in Pomegranate
MaxFactor Masterpiece Max High Volume Mascara 

I also got some boring old Primark white plimsolls, essentials but yawn.

Clearly this wasn't enough to get my fix so, later that evening, I went online and ordered these Zara leggings. I already have a pair of these and I love SO much that I was afraid to not have them in my life and bought a back up pair...that's just good sense I think. Also, I made a small MAC order of a Single Large Pro Pallete and the 15 slot insert as I've been dying to start building up a palette of my favourite shades! I think it's such a good idea to be able to custom make one and although they're not cheap, they last such a long time it's more of an investment :) 



Not the hugest haul but I love everything I got!

What do you guys think?!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some lovely bits & bobs, i really want to try that Avobath Baby Bot, and that BarryM nail varnish colour is gorgeous. Love the colour of that scarf too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleek blush looks amazing! I have been trying to get my hands on the rose gold one like forever!
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete