Thursday 8 August 2013

I am a Lee Stafford Obsessive

We already have one collective Lee Stafford review of a whole bunch of products but as that one was pretty long already and seeing as together I think we almost have the entire range we decided to split it into two posts!
Excuse the rubbishy photo :(
So i'll try to make this quick and i'll do it in order from left to right of the photo...

Poker Straight - Flat Iron Protection Shine Mist: I love this! I don't need to comment on the smell because it smells like basically everything else in the range and I think it's a love it or hate it kind of thing! At first I was a bit like "woah, not sure about that" but now I love it! Very strong, perfume-y, salon like smell that might take some getting used to. As for the actual product itself, it's amazing. I needed the heat protecting side of things as I use both hairdryer and straighteners and I loved the fact that it'd help keep my hair straight. I spray it really liberally all over my wet hair, blow dry it and then spray my hair again before using my straighteners. Not only does it definitely help with the straightness on the day and the day after but it doesn't leave any residue or weigh my hair down which I think is a necessity for everyone, right?
So it is really good and a bottle lasts for aaages but I think I will try some other products out there because I don't think this is the be all and end all!

Dry Shampoo - Dark: Meh... I'm not really a fan of this. Again, it smells good but I think that's about all I can say that I do like about it. This might just be me but I feel like it actually makes my hair more greasy, which is completely defying the point. It kind of freaks me out that when I shake it, it sounds like a spray paint can but also I think that because it obviously has some sort of product in it that makes it brown coloured and in turn that makes it a little sticky! Anyway I've used it about 6 times and haven't liked it each time so I wouldn't recommend this and I'm just going to stay with my trusty Batiste.

Poker Straight - Dehumidifier: I really like this! I've said before that I have the most useless hair and it always goes like a lions main in any form of humidity and this really does help. It tames my hair and although it's not going to completely stop any sort of effect it definitely lessens it, even in the rain. My only problem with it is that as I have fine hair, it does weigh it down slightly and I do find that I can't often get away with not washing my hair the day after use so I tend to save it for desperate times! I think if your hair was a little thicker then this would be fine for you but hey, trial and error!

Solution Spray - I Hate My Hair The Day It's Washed: To be honest I really don't know why I bought this. I used to think I hated my hair the day it's washed but actually, I quite like it so...yeah this product was not for me because it just meant I had to wash my hair again sooner. I do think that has a lot to with the fact that my hair is quite fine and can be quite oily. However I know a lot of people that love this product so all I can say is if you have fine hair or oily hair - don't buy this.

Protection Spray - Climate Control: Basically, for a hairspray I think this is amazing. It has good hold and it really does act like a bit of an umbrella as it suggests - if you're like me and when it's raining, drizzling, spitting or any of that kinda thing and your hair doesn't just get wet, it goes crazy then this is for you. Stops any frizz or fluffyness and helps keep your hair looking half way decent in the horrible English weather.

Argan Oil: As far as I'm aware this is the same as most argan oil products out there. You only need the smallest amount, I only use about half a pump, on wet hair, to get smooth, soft and sleek hair or you can use it on dry hair to smooth everything down and tame any flyaways. I don't use this too often as I'm worried about creating a build up on my hair but 2-3 times a week works perfectly! Also I think this might be one of the only products from the Lee Stafford range that doesn't have the signature smell, it smells slightly flowery instead.

My Big Fat Healthy Hair Shampoo and Conditioner
I'm always looking for things to make my hair more voluminous, if it has anything to do with volume (or volume related words i.e. big, fat) on the package I've probably got it and the Lee Stafford range is no exception. A lot of people have said that these products are really drying to your hair, they make it feel crispy and things like that but I really haven't experienced that. I think maybe the reason they feel it's drying is nothing to do with the shampoo but because the conditioner is a bit milky. I don't really find this a hugh problem, I just use a leave in conditioner afterwards and my hair feels like normal and I still get the effect from the shampoo. This shampoo works really, really well for me, as soon as I've dried my hair it actually feels lifted and voluminous and I think it makes my hair really clean, to the extent that I can get away with an extra day without washing. I wouldn't use it everyday as I think my hair can get used to products sometimes and if I don't mix it up, I'll stop getting the effect. Overall I would definitely buy the shampoo again but I probably wouldn't bother with the conditioner because I don't think it makes a difference.

Any suggestions to help my get voluminous hair?

1 comment: