Tuesday 6 August 2013

The New Mr & Mrs Van Gaveren


Sunday was the day that one of my best friends became a married woman, I cried the whole way through the ceremony as it was just beautiful and she looked just stunning. After arriving at around 1:20pm (slightly late as always) we were invited for drinks in the sports bar and I got to have a good look at everybody's outfits and fascinators, some of them lovely some a bit wild.

The First Dance

The wedding took place at Old Thorns Manor Hotel, Golf and Country Estate, which is a gorgeous venue and it is crazy huge, when it was time to enter the ceremony I made sure I had an aisle seat so I could snap their faces up in some pictures. Turned out we were all just crying the whole time anyway so some pictures are a bit funky. The ceremony was lovely throughout, and as she walked down the aisle with her dad you could see just how beautiful she looked, and her dress was perfect for her. The veil was mid-length and decorated with scattered diamante crystals which looked amazing in the light. 



Now for my favourite part of the wedding, the lovely Groom is dutch, though his English is incredible, he read out the vows he had written himself and in them read how he hoped to teach the bride dutch so that she could communicate with the new part of her family. However, he was unaware that she had learnt her vows in Dutch, and as she read them out you could see how much it meant to him, and it all set me off crying again, dabbing tissue all over my face, yum. 


The Beautiful Table Decorations

The rest of the wedding was lovely too, the food, then the speeches, me crying again, dancing. Overall I hope to eventually have a wedding day that can live up to it. The bridesmaid dresses were a beautiful colour and fitted each of them perfectly, the flower girl was one of the cutest I've ever seen twirling her way down the aisle, plus my sister looked amazing in the dress that had taken her months to choose- definitely worth the search. I didn't catch the bouquet although I performed my best dive into the ladies, my sister did get hold of it, but a bit of an eager beaver snatched it out her hand. Naughty Beaver. 


With Some Of My Closest Friends, I'm on the far Right

Beautiful day, gorgeous people, I really loved my dress and it's been waiting to make it's appearance for a while now. Overall amazing. A little tip for anyone whose got their wedding planned in their head already... add a chocolate fountain for the guests, people start to get bloated, their mouths smothered in chocolate and sometimes their dresses, easy way to make sure no-one even looks slightly as good as you. If you think someones looking just a tad too sexy, just give the running chocolate a little flick. 




Congratulations to them both.


Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment