Friday 22 September 2017

Lord & Lady Westwood

I love weddings. Weddings, weddings weddings.

My Auntie Diane recently got married to the love of her life David Westwood. It was a beautiful wedding and she looked absolutely stunning. I had the role of head bridesmaid in this wedding, which I didn't actually know until the speeches, I loved every part of the planning and the actual day (until I walked down the aisle which was terrifying).

I wanted to share some photos of the day, we decided on a beige/brown and purple theme which really came together. The ceremony was held at Old Thorns Manor Hotel in Liphook, and the Reception at a family home in a marquee. The rustic theme worked perfectly with the large gardens, my Auntie is very creative and saved a lot of money making the decorations all herself. The cake was made by my talented cousin who was also a bridesmaid.

The hen party was great fun, no strippers though - all booked up. We held a close family/friend part to the hen do which was also held at Old Thorns. This was a 'Pod spa break' and was adorable little huts on the grounds, this included a 25 minute treatment and 2 course dinner. We spent the day lounging at the pool and in the spa, it was wonderful and very much needed because I have recently found out weddings are stressful. (I used to work at Old Thorns and I highly recommend it).

The second day was full of family and friends at afternoon tea, held at the Chocolate frog tea rooms, this was lovely too and so much fun. We went for the classic hen party games (making a wedding dress with toilet roll, lots of spinning, not good if you're drunk) and she seemed to have a great time. I'd like to add that the Chocolate frog tearooms, as well as being very cute and quirky, have amazing gluten free afternoon tea. The best gluten free bread and scones/cakes I have ever had.

An on-going joke has been that Lady Westwood sounds incredibly posh because that surname is a winner. So for a wedding gift her best friends bought them some land so that they are now officially Lord and Lady Westwood.

I have put the links below for everything mentioned. I have also added the link for her wonderful dress which was made from scratch.

OOOOOOOOOO Weddings.

https://www.oldthorns.com/

http://www.chocolatefrogcompany.co.uk/chocolate-frog-tearooms-lilypad-bar

Wedding dress: https://www.thefarnhamboutique.com/

Wedding Makeup: Charlette Murray

Wedding Hair: Sara-Jane Murray


















No comments:

Post a Comment