Saturday 16 November 2013

November Shopping Haul


I went a tad overboard whilst shopping in New York, and please excuse the bad photographs but it was all a bit hectic! I love love love Sephora and MAC stores I just love being in there and having a wander and they have such awesome products! I decided that I wanted to try to find some of the Rihanna MAC Fall Collection but my quest failed because, as I'm sure everyone knows, the collection sold out in such a short space of time. But I did manage to find one of the Lipsticks and a couple of the eye shadow palettes. I had a little look at the palettes and I did really like them but instead decided I quite fancied creating one of my own. I opted for Quad palette which worked out at $10.00 per eye shadow and $48.00 for the case. Which does work out slightly cheaper than in the UK. 

The Eye shadows that I chose were:
Style Snob - this is a nice shimmer 'taupey' brown and it's great as a crease shade, its also really easy to blend so works great with other shades or when used on its own.
Jest - I love the soft texture and subtle shimmer of this eye shadow, it's great for highlighting and blending and has quickly become one of my favourite eye shadows.
Mystery - This is a pretty chocolate brown that is a great neutral crease shade, I find the 'plummy' undertones compliment my brown eyes, and if you dust off any excess, you'll have no fall out.
Coquette - This is great at complimenting other shades and for blending, I find it's a very natural eye shadow that has a slightly khaki/olive look to it, it's a very universal shade that can be used on the eyebrows or on the lids to create a beautiful natural depth.
(Picture of Mac Palette)

Sephora was where I found the brushes ideal for what I wanted. I've been searching for a while for a blending brush for the crease of my eye so that I can start to play around more with different effects and colours, so when I saw the Sephora Collection 'Classic Eyeshadow Blending Brush #60' for only $16.00 I got all excited because it looked perfect and it's a great length too so very easy to handle and use. The second brush that I grabbed up for $14.00 is the 'Classic Must have Angled Liner Brush #90' this is great for blending in my eye liner, it's really great at following the shape of the eye to blend moistened eye shadow or liquid liner and leaves a really precise, finished look.

Now, I've heard about the Makeup Forever Smoky Lash Mascara and it was one of the items that I was already planning to buy when I got there. It was $23.00, which is one of the more expensive beauty products that I bought but I absolutely love it and it's definitely worth the amount I spent. I've been trying it out since my purchase and it has quickly become my favourite Mascara ever! I'm a big fan of the YSL 'Babydoll' Mascara but I find it only really adds length to my lashes so they still lack volume, plus when I use the Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara my lashes start to clump together and it just doesn't really work for me. But, the Smoky Lash Mascara manages to add volume and length straight away and I find that I don't need to use much of it either to achieve the desired look. I just love it and will 100% be re-purchasing it.


Sephora Purchases

I found some great jackets in Forever 21, which I adore! With the first, I went for a size bigger than usual because I wanted to be able to layer easily and for it to be slightly over-sized and I really love it. It is a dark blue colour that has a black Aztec print to it, but due to the colours being quite similar I don't feel it's too much and it creates a nice affect. I also opted for a black leather jacket which can be worn with virtually anything so is great for cold weather and for completing a casual look.

I've recently be finding quite a few items in Primark! They have some great, chunky knits and cardigans which I made sure I stocked up on! They also have a range of £5.00 skater dresses all with different patterns and arm lengths, which can be combined with some of there £6-£8 jumpers to create a nice look. I've been styling them with some of my big cardigans and I'm really loving the combination at the moment. I always grab some Primark vest tops when I'm in there, just to wear underneath a top that appears a bit too see-through, or just as an extra layer, because they are crazy cheap and come in loads of colours! I do find though if you get one that's a size too big it tends to roll/curl at the ends which is a major pain if you are tucking it in, so make sure you get a size that isn't too long. Can't reallllllly go wrong with a £2.50 vest top.




Primark £5.00 Dresses

I have fallen in love with a bag, it's quite small so you can't really get too much in there, but overall it's just awesome. It's the Burgundy and Red panel Mini Satchel from New Look, and it is just so cute. You can purchase it for £15.99, but if you don't want to spend that much then Primark are doing a lot of similar style over the shoulder bags which work out quite a bit less. I adore the colour of this bag it goes perfectly with the gold buckles and pretty much an outfit I'm wearing. I wouldn't carry around too many items as it's not exactly huge but a perfect size to get in the essentials! The block shape really makes the retro design stand out.


New Look - Burgundy & Red Panel Mini Satchel


I'm also currently awaiting the arrive of some items I purchased online, very cheeky. The first is some very cute floral dungarees which I bought from www.motelrocks.com I've heard about this website before, but after having a proper look through I have decided I actually love it and just want to buy everything all day everyday. I think the dungarees will go really well with a white turtle neck crop top or a loose, white t-shirt, they were £35.00 with free postage. My second purchase, was a pair of amazing platform boots from H&M, I've been looking for a pair of these for a long time, they would look great with frilly socks which you can buy from Primark or Topshop! 



1. Motel Rocks Dungarees 2. H&M Platform Boots


Overall I am very please with my recent shopping items and I'm very excited for my boots to arrive!


No comments:

Post a Comment